As 2011 ticks away, I’m excited to greet 2012! I know that some people hate making resolutions, some people don’t do them at all and some people make them and break them in a week but for me it’s the one time of year that I actually write down my goals for the year ahead and since they are written down here in “blog world” they are out there for everyone to see which pretty much motivates me to stay on track and get it done.
I do go back and forth between detailed lists and lists that are a little more basic. This year I have more of “to-do” list for the year – things that I hope to get done before the year ends as opposed to big lifestyle changes or “resolutions”.
Sooo, here’s my list:
1. Complete my current novel and make revisions so that it’s saleable by conference time (August/September) – not sure I could make this a resolution but I’d like to have a contract and/or an agent by the end of the year but the last part is out of my control 🙂 This is my #1 priority this year which is why it’s #1 on my list but also the biggest reason I’m combining my blogs so that I have more time to write.
2. Repaint the basement – I’m tired of how the basement looks – my goal is to try again and see if re-doing it will make it more inviting.
3. A few other house projects: half bath and kids bath need to be re-done; we need some new furniture (whether new or new-to-us I don’t care but a few things need to be replaced!) – there’s always more to be done decorating wise around the house. Last year I had hoped to decorate every month and it didn’t happen so this year I’m being a little more lenient on myself but still hoping I can get a number of things done.
4. Coupon more/save money – this is always a goal. Every year I look for better deals, ways to make a little extra money at home and ways to cut costs when I shop – this year is no different.
5. Stay on budget! We’ve set it and this year I want to stick to it and even shave off some in every category.
6. Learn something new – sew, cook, decorate, photoshop – not sure yet but I’d like to try something – this is dependent on how my writing goes – there are only so many hours in the day and I still have a husband and family but if there’s time I would love to learn a new skill 🙂
7. Eat healthier and exercise more – I’m not trying to diet and I don’t have a weight loss goal per se but I’d like to be healthier all around.
I think that covers everything! The start of a new year means a chance to start over and look forward to some new and exciting stuff.
I pray that 2012 is a healthy and happy year for you and your family and that you succeed at the goals you set.
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare, and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
“The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.” Proverbs 16:9
These are the goals and plans I have set for 2012 but the Lord will direct my steps. I don’t know what the year ahead holds but I know the One who does so I will trust Him with the year’s outcome. I hope you will join me on my journey.